TOAST POST – Let’s Start High
tl;dr: Cranberry Liquors and this blog writer think this will be the best Toast of Harwich yet.
the 2018 Toast Of Harwich is only ten days away…
Ten days, people!
I’d let the ad do all the talking… if I wasn’t paid by the word.
In all seriousness,
Cranberry Liquors continues to work hard with local merchants and our wine and spirit distributors who will be showing off their latest and greatest product.
The White Knight is an excellent sparkly Prosecco (that’s the Italian varietal of champagne – only France makes champagne.)
Ninety points non-withstanding, here’s the shimmy on the White Knight:
- It’s not as dry as a typical champagne. “Fruit forward” was one of many descriptions I read for this wine.
- Prosecco is used as the main ingredient in a Bellini
- Proseccos are usually served as an aperitif – or before the meal being served.
- It will be used as the VIP Toast
- If you will not participate in this toast don’t worry!
- There will be a representative of Baystate Wines who will have some available to taste.
Stephanie is on schedule to pour the selection Cranberry Liquors and Baystate Wines came up with for this year.
Fun Fact: Prosecco isn’t always sparkling! Spumante is the sparkling version and Frizzante is semi-sparkling . Tranquillo is the still varietal of what us Americans call Prosecco.
The VIP Toast is as much a tradition as the Toast of Harwich itself, which is probably why Joe picked it for me to write about.
In case all of this means nothing to you (why are you still reading?) the Toast of Harwich is an annual charity supporting Harwich’s Chamber of Commerce. Locals, snowbirds and merchants alike come together on this fabulous evening looking fly as all get-out.
As I said before, this year’s toast is shaping up to be the best ever.
PS: No I didn’t write that last year.
PPS: No, I won’t be saying it next year.
Feel free to contact Harwich’s Chamber of Commerce directly with any questions (or leave it in the comments!)